Auto Insurance Rates
Are Based on Location
New Jersey auto insurance rates depend on where the vehicle is registered. The insurance industry argues for higher rates in urban areas due to more accidents, theft, and vandalism.
|TERRITORY ||2006 PREMIUM* |
|Newark ||$1,180 |
|Belleville / Irvington ||$1,125 |
|Jersey City ||$1,118 |
|East Orange / Orange ||$1,111 |
|Paterson ||$1,084 |
|Elizabeth ||$1,046 |
|Atlantic City ||$1,033 |
|Camden ||$1,027 |
|PLAINFIELD ||$1,019 |
|Perth Amboy ||$988 |
|Trenton ||$894 |
|New Brunswick ||$833 |
|Morriston / Somerville ||$684 |
*Allstate rates for a 35-year-old unmarried male who drives 2004 Buick Century Custom GS 4-door sedan with full coverage.
Based on data in the Star-Ledger, Sunday, January 28, 2007.
SOURCE: NJ Dept. of Banking & Insurance. (Some towns ranking BENEATH Plainfield have been omitted.)
Monday, January 29, 2007
Auto Insurance - How Plainfield Ranks
- ► 2008 (87)
- Iraq War - NY Times - Conservative Antiwar Chorus
- Auto Insurance - How Plainfield Ranks
- Overcrowding - Courier - Sample ordinances
- Fire - Star-Ledger - 1003 Park Avenue
- Basement Apartment - Courier - Johnston Avenue Fir...
- Overcrowding - Courier - Towns consider tougher ru...
- Past Poll Results
- put a Google map on thiis page above this line ...
- Real Estate - NY Times - Condo buyers scarce in DC...
- PMUA - 2007 SCHEDULES
- Redevelopment - Courier - Dunellen drops old for n...
- Race & Neighborhood - SL - Demographic Changes
- Race & Neighborhood - NYT - Orlando Patterson (OpE...
- MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. · ·200...
- Immigrants - NYTimes - 'Sigo' debit card eases cas...
- ▼ January (15)
- Plainfield resident since 1983. Retired as the city's Public Information Officer in 2006; prior to that Community Programs Coordinator for the Plainfield Public Library. Founding member and past president of: Faith, Bricks & Mortar; Residents Supporting Victorian Plainfield; and PCO (the outreach nonprofit of Grace Episcopal Church). Supporter of the Library, Symphony and Historic Society as well as other community groups, and active in Democratic politics.